Download Manager Tweak Extension
|Resources:||Home Installation Screenshots Miscellaneous Extensions|
Install the Download Manager Tweak extension
Latest Version (Firefox 52+ compatible)
- Version 1.0.12-signed -- April 14, 2017
New Features in 1.0.12:
- Fixed a corrupted German localization file.
- Added Firefox 52 as being supported.
New Features in 1.0.11:
- Fixed DMT to work again in Firefox 53.
(Firefox 53 removed some localization values that is no longer used but DMT did.)
- Fixed specifying the folder to download files to in the DMT options popup.
New Features in 1.0.10:
- Fixed DMT to work again in Firefox 45.
New Features in 1.0.9:
- Fixed DMT to work again in Firefox 38.
(Firefox 38 changed how the download data is accessed, causing DMT to fail.)
New Features in 1.0.8:
- Fixed bug where DMT would open multiple tabs when a new window was opened.
- Fixed bugs when DMT is set to open when a download starts or close when finished.
- New translation for hr-HR from babelzilla.org.
New Features in 1.0.7:
- Fixed bug where Firefox 31 caused DMT to not automatically open when starting a download.
- Fixed bug where opening or closing DMT after a delay failed.
New Features in 1.0.6:
- Fixed bug where DMT can interfere with other extensions of Firefox
- Fixed bug where the title on the window/tab could get stuck at 99%.
- Fixed bug where Firefox 30 caused DMT to not automatically open when starting a download.
New Features in 1.0.5:
- Firefox 26 replace the download manager with a new one, requiring a near rewrite of DMT.
(This DMT thus has fewer working features, which will be restored in later releases.)
- New translation for pt from babelzilla.org.
- Should include all previous features except: DMT changes to list appearence and reloading a deleted file.
- The title on the window/tab works, but can be a little buggy.
- Fixes from 1.0.2 are: opening multiple windows bug, auto launch and auto remove downloads, limit downloads by days, status in window/tab title, and restored the clear downloads button and search box.
New Features in 0.9.8:
- Firefox 20 changed the download manager a lot, creating big bugs in DMT. Fixed a couple of them.
- The download list was being erased at exit. Now DMT always behaves as if browser.download.useToolkitUI is set to true.
- The title of the download window/tab/sidebar was wrong after all downloads completed. Now it is restored.
- A problem that isn't fixed for Firefox 20: DMT is not getting notifications when downloads start or finish. This results in several features not working.
(Released DMT without the third item fixed, because the cleared download list bug was important to get out soon.)
New Features in 0.9.7:
- Fixed a compatibility issue found by addons.mozilla.org. The fix done for 0.9.6 used functions that are now obsolete, so it had to be refixed.
- Updated or new translations for ko-KR from babelzilla.org.
(Still need translators for ca-AD, id, ja, and tr which only have partial translations)
New Features in 0.9.6:
- Fixed compatibility issues found by addons.mozilla.org. They were private browsing related and only if you redownloaded a file after deleting it.
- Updated or new translations for ar, fr, hu-HU, it-IT, sl-SI, sr, uk-UA, and zh-TW from babelzilla.org.
(Still need translators for ca-AD, id, ja, and tr which only have partial translations)
New Features in 0.9.5:
- Removed 0.9.4 attempt to fix bug where DMT sidebar had a menubar at the bottom on Macs.
(It caused the main menubar to disappear on all platforms when opening DMT in tab or menubar)
New Features in 0.9.4:
- Fixed bug in Russion locale of extra " at end of file that broke the locale.
- Fixed bug where a few settings were not initalized due to missing ", openAsFirstTab was one case.
(Also added some extra error handling for missing settings)
- Fixed bug where DMT sidebar had a menubar at the bottom on Macs.
(I don't have a Mac to test with, so don't know if I really fixed it)
New Features in 0.9.3:
- Updated or new translations for cs, da-DK, de, es-ES, et-EE, it-IT, lv-LV, nl, pl, pt-BR, ro, ru-RU, sr, sv-SE, vi, and zh-CN from babelzilla.org.
(Still need translators for ca-AD, fr, hu-HU, ja, tr-TR, and zh-TW, which only have partial translations)
- The DMT description can now be translated by Babelzilla translators.
- Redid icons in Inkscape to get anti-aliasing. Removed in a box option now that the floating icons look better.
- Download list buttons can be shown as text only, icon only, or both. Matching the toolbar buttons.
- An option sets delete key to either Delete File or Remove From List.
- An option limits number of downloads in the list by count.
- An option limits number of downloads in the list by age in days.
- An option causes DMT tab to open as the first one, but no checkbox in options window.
(Open URL "about:config" and change "extensions.downloadmgr.openAsFirstTab" to true)
- Delete confirm box is now centered in the window.
- Hitting escape key in DMT tab no longer tries to close the window, along with any other tabs.
- Handle the Panorama tab grouping feature in Firefox 4.
- Fixed bug where the Clear List button left the last selected download's info displayed in the info bar.
- Fixed bug where the two options to automatically launch/remove downloads after complete didn't work.
- Fixed bug working with "Clean and Close" addon where buttons disappeared.
- Fixed bug with "Close it when all downloads are finished" where DMT could try to close without having been opened first.
New Features in 0.9.2:
- Removed references to old .dtd files to be compatible with Firefox 3.7a1.
- Updated or new translations for ru-RU and et-EE from babelzilla.org.
- Fixed a bug where button icons were not always updated when a download completed.
- Changed sidebar view to always display toolbar buttons as icon only.
(The options with text are too wide to fit)
- Use Firefox's built in active download count to improve handling of auto open and close.
(DMT used to track them itself to support an obsolete feature, so no need to do it anymore)
- Replaced .css reference of .button-box to hbox so that vista-aero theme works.
(I don't know why, but it replaces .button-box with .myButton-box)
New Features in 0.9.1:
- Updated or new translations for da-DK, es-ES, nl-NL, pt-BR, tr-TR, and zh-CN from babelzilla.org.
- Updated translations for de-DE and fr-FR from StoneCold and Jive51 on the forums.
- Some options were not initialized, mainly the option to open DMT N milliSecs after a download starts.
(It was supposed to default to zero milliSec. Instead, it wasn't defined and DMT didn't automatically open at all)
New Features in 0.9.0:
- Prompt for Delete File has options to Delete File, Remove From List, or both.
(an option selects if Delete File or Delete File and Remove From list is the default)
- Prompt for deleting multiple files has a Yes to All button.
(Prompt for deleting a single file only has the Yes and No options)
- The delete key now does a Delete File instead Remove From List.
- Delete File will now delete read only files as well.
- When the DMT window/tab/sidebar is selected it updates all the downloads.
(If a file is deleted outside Firefox then this will cause DMT to show that)
- An option now allows downloads to be removed from the list as soon as they complete.
(This happens as they complete, so older completed downloads will not be removed)
- An option now allows downloads to be launched as soon as they complete.
- The option to close DMT when all downloads are complete now closes all the DMT windows it can find, and not just one.
- Fixed a compatability bug with the MultiSidebar extension.
- Fixed a bug where if DMT is open in a window, and all other Firefox windows are closed, it now responds to the cntl-J and cntl-W keys.
- Toolbar and infobar are now toolbars inside a toolbox, which looks better in themes.
- Toolbar buttons are now normal buttons which looks better in themes.
- Toolbar buttons can be shown as text only, icon only, or both.
(Text only lets you disable the icons if you don't like how they look).
- Toolbar buttons no longer switch between icon only and both automatically depending on window width.
- Infobar text is now selectable so you can copy and paste the file name, etc.
- The new buttons in the download list from 0.8.5 could be disabled as a group, but now they can be disabled by type (Open Folder, Delete File, etc).
- Options now opens a tabbed box because they were just too many options for one popup.
- The icons now come in two types (inside a box or on a transparent background) and two sizes (large and small).
- The icons are now more colorful and the older Open Folder and Remove From List icons replaced.
- DMT is now on babelzilla.org so more translations should be updated and added.
New Features in 0.8.6:
- Very small two line change to be compatible with Firefox 3.6.
New Features in 0.8.5:
- Added additional buttons to the download list, available by user preference.
("Remove From List" added to Canceled, Failed, and Completed downloads. Completed downloads also have "Open Folder" if the folder exists and either "Delete File" or "Download" depending on whether the files still exists or has been deleted.)
(Note: If a file is downloaded inside Firefox, or deleted by the Delete File button, then the buttons that depend on a file or folder existing, both here and the ones in the toolbar, will be up to date. If a file or folder is deleted outside of Firefox then the buttons will not be automatically updated.)
- Created new button icons so that old and new buttons have a matching look.
- Added an option to disable the additional download list buttons.
- Added "All files downloaded to:" the options dialog.
(This is copied from Tools->Options->Downloads so it isn't a new feature.)
- The shortcut key (cntl-J) to show and remove the download window wasn't working to remove the tab and sidebar displays.
- Error console was logging many spurious errors during downloads about missing onProgressChange.
- Open Folder when file was deleted but folder still there didn't work.
New Features in 0.8.4:
- Supported Firefox versions are 3.0 thru 3.5.*.
- Firefox 3.5 was cutting off part of the options popups. Filler was added to stretch the window.
(This means the windows are bigger than needed in FireFox 3.0, but acceptable)
- There are no new features or bug fixes, so the only reason to upgrade from 0.8.3 is for Firefox 3.5.
New Features in 0.8.3:
- Allow user to disable some of the theme related features of DMT.
(They sometimes interfere with user installed themes.)
- The Launch button will sometimes become the Download button.
(For cancelled or failed downloads is is the same as retry. For completed downloads, where the file was deleted, it re-downloads the file.)
- Hide the download options in menu for Tools->Options->Main.
(They are ignored by DMT and thus were confusing.)
- The Delete File button will now prompt with the correct name for each file.
- The open after a delay and close after complete features had bugs.
New Features in previous 0.8.* releases:
- Many changes to be compatible with Firefox 3.0.
- New features of Firefox 3.0 download manager are available in Download Manager Tweak.
- Delete File button added to toolbar. Deletes a file you didn't want downloaded after all.
- Cleanup button on toolbar is now the Remove From List button.
(Firefox 3.0 has a cleanup button built in.)
- Download button has been removed. Removing it makes room for the Delete File button.
(It was the same as the retry button built in to Firefox 3.0.)
- Download tab view no longer shows From (source URL), To (destination path), or full date.
- Optional "InfoBar" added. It contains the From, To, and full date fields.
- Toolbar can adjust to narrow windows, and is now available in the sidebar view.
- The tab, sidebar, and window views are now the same, the sidebar is just a narrow window.
- Experimental download queue removed.
- Many internal changes to make the code easier to understand and maintain.
- German (de-DE) translation updated: LonelyPixel and gxg
- French (fr-FR) translation updated: Jive51
Firefox 2.0 compatible version
- Version 0.7.2 -- November 24, 2006
- Polish (pl-PL) translation: cambridge
- Swedish (sv-SV) translation: Carlos Murakami
- Italian (it-IT) translation: Giuliano Masseroni
- German (de-DE) translation: Hendrik Gebhardt
- Spanish (es-ES) translation: Carlos
- Dutch (nl-NL) translation: Pascal De Vuyst
- Russian (ru-RU) translation: Nik Skyfly
- Chinese (zh-TW) translation: Kuo Wen-Hsing
- French (fr-FR) translation: PhiNux and The_Sims
- Japanese (ja-JP) translation: Premier
- Download tab now shows the percentage of current downloads complete.
- Additional information about the downloads is displayed, including the date, size, source, and destination.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Experimental download queue
- Download the latest version of the extension by clicking on the Download link above.
- The Firefox Software Installation dialog should appear. Select Install Now to install the extension.
- Close all Firefox windows, and then restart Firefox.
Versions 0.8.1 and later are by squashr1979, 0.7.2 is by Emmet Spier, and 0.7.1 and earlier are by ajlanzone.
- Version 1.0.12-signed -- April 14, 2017 --
The following version is only compatible with Firefox 53 to 54:
- Version 1.0.11-signed -- April 10, 2017 --
The following version is only compatible with Firefox 45 to 47:
- Version 1.0.10-signed -- March 29, 2016 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 37 to 44:
- Version 1.0.9 -- May 10, 2015 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 30 to 37:
- Version 1.0.8 -- December 23, 2014 -- DownloadManagerTweak_1.0.8.xpi
- Version 1.0.7 -- July 20, 2014 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 29 and 30:
- Version 1.0.6 -- June 15, 2014 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 26 thru 29:
- Version 1.0.5 -- Febuary 1, 2014 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 3.0.* thru 25.*:
- Version 0.9.8 -- April 12, 2013 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.9.8.xpi
- Version 0.9.7 -- April 1, 2013 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 3.0.* thru 19.*:
- Version 0.9.6 -- January 13, 2013 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 3.0.* thru 4.0b7:
- Version 0.9.5 -- December 4, 2010 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.9.5.xpi
- Version 0.9.4 -- December 3, 2010 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.9.4.xpi
- Version 0.9.3 -- November 18, 2010 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 3.0.* thru 3.7a1:
- Version 0.9.2 -- February 16, 2010 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 3.0.* thru 3.6.*:
- Version 0.9.1 -- December 16, 2009 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.9.1.xpi
- Version 0.9.0 -- November 22, 2009 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.9.0.xpi
- Version 0.8.6 -- November 1, 2009 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 3.0.* thru 3.5.*:
- Version 0.8.5 -- July 23, 2009 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.8.5.xpi
- Version 0.8.4 -- June 20, 2009 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 3.0.*:
- Version 0.8.3 -- June 14, 2009 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.8.3.xpi
- Version 0.8.2 -- Febuary 10, 2009 -- DownloadManagerTweak_0.8.2.xpi
- Version 0.8.1 -- January 27, 2009 --
The following version is only compatible with Firefox 2.0.*:
- Version 0.7.2 -- November 24, 2006 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 1.0.* thru 1.5.*:
- Version 0.7.1 -- November 17, 2005 -- downloadmgr_071.xpi
- Version 0.7.0 -- August 10, 2005 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 1.0.*:
- Version 0.6.6 -- May 18, 2005 -- downloadmgr_066.xpi
- Version 0.6.5 -- March 10, 2005 -- downloadmgr_065.xpi
- Version 0.6.4 -- March 1, 2005 -- downloadmgr_064.xpi
- Version 0.6.3 -- November 2, 2004 -- downloadmgr_063.xpi
- Version 0.6.2 -- October 22, 2004 -- downloadmgr_062.xpi
- Version 0.6.1 -- October 14, 2004 -- downloadmgr_061.xpi
- Version 0.6.0 -- October 6, 2004 -- downloadmgr_060.xpi
- Version 0.5.2 -- September 14, 2004 -- downloadmgr_052.xpi
- Version 0.5.0 -- June 21, 2004 --
The following versions are only compatible with Firefox 0.8 and earlier:
- Version 0.4.3 -- Apr. 5, 2004 -- downloadmgr_043.xpi
- Version 0.4.2 -- Apr. 2, 2004 -- downloadmgr_042.xpi
- Version 0.4.1 -- Mar. 23, 2004 -- downloadmgr_041.xpi
- Version 0.4 -- Mar. 23, 2004 -- downloadmgr_04.xpi
- Version 0.3 -- Feb. 23, 2004 -- downloadmgr_03.xpi
- Version 0.2 -- Feb. 17, 2004 -- downloadmgr_02.xpi
- Version 0.1 -- Feb. 16, 2004 -- downloadmgr_01.xpi
The following version is only compatible with Firefox 52 to 54: