Download Manager Tweak extension
The Download Manager Tweak (DMT) extension allows the download manager
to open in a
separate window, the
sidebar, or a
tab, and adds some optional display changes, which
can be controlled with the many options.
The intent of Download Manager Tweak is in the name. It "tweaks" the Firefox download
manager with small changes and doesn't completely redesign it. It makes some optional
changes to its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab,
or the sidebar. Additional features beyond appearance include deleting a downloaded
file and re-downloading a mistakenly deleted file. The various appearance changes can
be disabled, if you don't like the look, and just want it to open in a tab or sidebar.
- Version 0.9.8 -- April 12, 2013
(compatible with Firefox 3.0 thru 21.0 only)
See the installation page for instructions on how to install the Download Manager Tweak extension and for older versions.
- The download manager can be opened in a separate window, the sidebar, or a tab.
- An optional toolbar contains convenient buttons for several of the built in right click menu options.
- An optional infobar displays additional infomation about the currently selected download.
- Downloaded files can be deleted from within the download manager.
- Can limit number of downloads kept in the list by count or age.
- Several optional appearance changes to the list of downloads.
- Other minor options.
Translations and Localization
- Translations are now being done thru babelzilla.org, so more
should be available in future versions.
- ar, cs, da, de, es-ES, et-EE, fr, hu-HU, it, lv-LV, ko-KR, nl, pl, pt-BR, ro, ru-RU, sr, sl-SI, sr, sv-SE, uk-UA, vi, zh-CN, and zh-TW are translations already handled by babelzilla.
- ca-AD, id, ja, and tr
are legacy translations, which are typically only half complete, and all need work.
- Signing up as a translator at babelzilla is the only sure way that your language will be supported by DMT
There is only one currently active developer for DMT (squashr1979). I can be contacted through the
DMT 0.8.x forum
(first forum link in the right column), the mailing list (link below),
or direct email to me (address is in the member list below).